Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bring out yer dead...or at least get them on the horn

Friend Orchid needs to speak with her grandmother, and I agreed to help (although I haven't done anything like this in ages.) She's a little nervous about it since those sorts of...people are not exactly her thing, but I think it will be fine. It may sound a bit mean an' neglectful of her, but I suppose I should mention that her grandmother passed on a few years back. Soooooo...seance! (I'm baking the cake!)

Dreva, while not able to sense the fates or futures or whatnot (although there are a few old druidic techniques for those things, but I didn't learn them. I am *not* going to do *anything* like that to a goat,) has, at times, been a bit of a spiritual lightning rod. It comes from growing up in an old castle full of ghosts and being pushed down the stairs a lot. They never know when you're gonna come an' join them, so eventually they just give up and get to know you in advance.

I'm excited for the event, frankly. Orchid's mom an' dad were so very nice to a Dreva, and I've heard wonderful things about her grandmother, so I'm eager to meet her. So much so, in fact, that I decided to bake a cake in case other people come over. *bouncebouncebounce*

5 Comments:

Blogger Ranmaru said...

No goat who's afloat on the boat in the moat to promote the misquote of a gloat?

3:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sure, but please note that you cannot demote an innocent goat just because it's afloat on a boat in the moat. Brush your coat, clear your throat, then repeat after me:
It's a goast , not a goat, it's a g-o-a-s-t.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

*groan*

6:39 AM  
Blogger Cecilia Weatherby said...

It's the goast with the most, so stop messing with the goats and the stoats and though these words may catch in your throat, admit it's a goast and join in the toast.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Zillah said...

I don't understand why the goat was on a boat when he could just has well have stayed in the cote.

I bet you a groat that by now you've cast your vote that the things that we wrote... one should never quote.

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home